Last Updated: February 5, 2017
NOTE: If you are a social media account holder and have been referred to us by an Attorney please review our Privacy and Data Use Policy for Social Media Account Holders.
What is Social Evidence®
Social Evidence® is software that assists attorneys to efficiently locate, collect, and review information from social media accounts of parties related to or involved in a legal matter or court case.
Social Evidence was designed for attorneys and is used by subscribing attorneys and their agents in accordance with legal and ethical restrictions and guidelines. Social Evidence does not and will not collect and review social media information without a formal request by a subscribing attorney or their agent.
Information We Collect
The information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, or participate in any discussion boards, forums, or other social media functions on our site may include your name, address, email address, and phone number, information pertaining to your needs or interests, or credit card information.
Cookies and Local Storage
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Social Evidence, LLC to provide functionality, analyze trends, administer the site, and track users’ movements around our site.
As is true of most Internet sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may refer to these categories of information collectively in this document as “Information”.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information, products, and services that you or a contracted subscriber request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To notify you about support events or security events involving your Information.
- For internal operations, including site administration, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing and research.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of our services, website, and advertising.
- We may combine information you give us and information we collect about you through cookies, tracking technologies and analytics to ensure the effectiveness and to make improvements in our services, website and advertising.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
Several principles guide our sharing of your information:
- We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. These services may include hosting and maintenance, database storage and management, and support. These third parties may have access to your Information, but only to the extent necessary to perform their specific functions, and only to pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data. These third parties are required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for the Company or as otherwise required by law. These third parties may include subsidiaries, agents, vendors, suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- We may disclose your Information to other third parties in the event that:
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Social Evidence, LLC, our customers, or others.
- We need to transfer the data to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of our technologies, in which case the third party will be required to keep the information confidential.
- We may share your information with search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website. We may use aggregated demographic information from our user base without personally identifiable data.
- With your consent, we may display personal testimonials or endorsements from satisfied customers on our site.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these third party websites.
- Our website includes publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. This includes information posted on our public social media accounts.
Storage of Your Information
- All of your Information is stored on secure cloud services in an access-controlled environment. Access to your Information is restricted as described in “Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information”.
- We will retain your information while your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
- We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- The data that we collect from you will be stored at a destination within the United States.
Security of Your Information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Information is treated securely and remains confidential in accordance with this Privacy and Data Use Policy. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If we have reason to believe that your Information was compromised, we will notify you in compliance with the applicable cyber breach notification statutes of the state or territory where you reside.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletter, or to receive information about related or additional services we provide, you have the option to Opt-Out by checking the appropriate box when you become a subscriber or participate in other services. You can also follow instructions to unsubscribe included in emails. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Evidence, LLC
PO Box 358602
Gainesville, FL 32635-8602
 Note: In this document, “subscribing attorney” refers to an attorney who subscribes to Social Evidence for our social media collection and archiving services. The term “subscribing attorney” also encompasses any agent or delegee of the attorney or of the attorney’s law firm, such as an assistant, paralegal, investigator, employee, contractor, or other person or entity validly authorized by the attorney to use Social Evidence on his/her behalf.